Student Entry Procedure
This procedure was developed to implement a fair and transparent process for prospective students to follow when applying for a relevant course with Hader Institute of Education, which accurately measures core skills and ensures students have a strong chance of success are accepted into appropriate programs.
This procedure applies to all prospective students in full qualifications at Diploma level or higher. The scope includes all campuses and facilities where training is conducted by Hader Institute of Education.
It is important that students attempting to undertake a qualification at the Diploma or Advanced Diploma level are fully prepared for that undertaking. Hader Institute of Education will assess the students’ Academic Suitability to ensure the student has the best chance of success.
A student is academically suited to a Diploma and Advanced Diploma course when:
- Hader Institute of Education reasonably believes that the student is academically suited; and
- The student satisfies any entry requirements for the course set out in this procedure; and
- The student satisfies one of the following requirements:
- The student provides Hader Institute of Education with a copy of a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education that has been awarded to the student by an agency or authority of a State or Territory for the student’s completion of year 12;
- The student is assessed as displaying competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy; and
- Hader Institute of Education reasonably believes that the student displays that competence.
In addition to the above standard entry requirements you must meet any other course specific entry requirements as specified in your course information.
Reading and Numeracy Test
Hader Institute of Education has chosen the Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) online assessments developed by the Australian Council for Education Research (ACER) to support the measuring of literacy and numeracy. The chosen CSPA testing tool is a government approved testing tool.
Hader Institute of Education will conduct the testing process with honesty and integrity. It is expected that students who are required to complete the test do so with honesty and integrity.
The results of testing will be reported to the student as soon as practicable after the assessment and to the Secretary on request. The results will be retained by Hader Institute of Education for a minimum of five years.
If you do not pass ACSF testing at or above level 3 in reading and numeracy then you are able to re-sit the test based on Hader Institute of Education’s assessment of your readiness.
What if I don’t meet the entry requirements?
Students who do not meet the entry requirement for their chosen qualification may be able to:-
- Re-sit the exam based on Hader Institute of Education’s assessment of your readiness. The student must allow for sufficient time to improve their reading and numeracy to the required level before resitting the exam.
- Choose a qualification at a lower level which is better suited to their current ACSF status.
Find out more
For more information on the above, contact our Hader Institute of Education careers advisor on 1300 049 515.